Internet Finds 3.0: The Ultimate Repawsitory

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5
#136 (In Topic #38)
Standard member
Sprotchymon is in the usergroup ‘Newbie’

Links to anthro-related content from around the globe

Alright, the Dome is back! Let's get this started proper. This thread is for collecting and archiving links to various anthro and anthro related content from anywhere in the world. Anyone can find furry stuff on furry sites, but I get a special kick out of finding unintentionally arousing (from the creator's perspective, at least) pictures and videos that were intended for a general audience. Giuseppe DiRosso has screenshots of paws and such from various cartoons, computer games and animated films by the hundreds on DeviantArt, many of which would otherwise be considered "blink and you miss it" moments. Dragoniade has video clips of much of the same hosted on his own website. Therefore, if I want to step up, we need to go deeper.

3.0? What happened to the first two?
Lost to the kruft of time, unfortunately. They may or may not be restored with the rest of the forum's previous incarnations eventually, but even then, many of the links and hotlinked images are defunct by now anyhow.

Even the YouTube links?
Especially the YouTube links. Copyrights and whatnot. The most prolific uploaders - espeically of international content - are the most likely to get disabled.

I need pictures and videos to stay interested in a thread. What about embedding stuff?
I'm still working out what this newfangled forum is capable of with regards to image uploads. I still consider a hotlinking a no-no and will do my best to avoid it myself. Although these days the Interwebs are more expansive and stable than ever, hosting still costs someone money, and if the source disappears, so do any hotlinked mirrors. If I still have access to LD5 FTP I'll see about rehosting there, otherwise… imgur, maybe?

Anyway, I've got a lot of links saved up over the last couple years that I never got around to sharing in the previous thread, so I'll share those over the next week.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
The first link in my list is so old that it's gone defunct despite being hosted by a third party. "Size Matters" a podcast from late 2013 hosted by Kenson, who had a brief presence in the previous incarnation of these forums. It may still be up on iTunes but I'm not downloading the ITunes Store app just to check.

Fortunately, KaijuCast is still up and running, with a new episode just last week! From the About page: "I want an excuse to learn more about Godzilla, his friends, his foes and the men and women who have created this fantastic genre!"

Meanwhile, Anigranimals is a little website made to promote a children's storybook and associated plush toys. They've been trying to finish a second book since 2016 but the artwork is quite detailed. The pages take a while to load but they're still live!

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
And now, a trio of games (works in progress) that feature size-shifting as a primary mechanic!

SCALE is a first person reality manipulation game that reimagines exploration with a unique resizing mechanic.
"You wield a device that can make any item any size. A tree, a wall, an enemy, a passing cloud, even the levels themselves are all "SCALEable". Space is relative in the game so progress is as much conceptual as it is physical. The unique mechanic of SCALEing is inspired by games like Portal and The Swapper. Progression through the game is freeform and open like Mario 64 or early Zelda overworlds. It’s all about exploring and discovering secrets!"

Museum of Simulation Technology by Pillow Castle Games is a surreal first-person puzzler inspired by forced perspective. Basically, a cross between portal and that old trend of tourists pretending to hold up the Leaning Tower of Pisa. By grabbing an object, you can change its distance away from you while retaining how much it filled your field of view at the moment you grabbed it. You apply this mechanic to navigate simple platforming puzzles, and then grabbable doorways get involved that can change your size as well. You may have seen artwork of Duncan Roo involving something similar…

Morphie's Law is a morphology-based third-person shooter: each weapon hit transfers mass from the victim's damaged limb to the corresponding limb of the attacker. Consequence: auto-balancing for fair gameplay (and hilarious body-proportions). Why did they give the robots a Day Of The Dead aesthetic? Who knows? I'd love a mod that swaps the models for something more… organic. Of the three, this one has the best chance of actually releasing this year, and get this - it's coming to the Nintendo Switch. Yeah, I want this to be the next Splatoon.

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5
Standard member
It Came From YouTube: Dinosaur Edition

"The Comeback" is a commercial from Audi for its piloted driving technology, which is spiffy enough to cure a modern-day Tyrannosaur's depression.

"T. Rex in the Atrium" is a film short (or some might say, a real trailer for a fake movie) created by students at the University of Glamorgan as part of their BA Hons degree in Computer Animation.

"Carnotaurus" is a whimsical short not unlike the classic "Snow Day" in which a different short-armed large predator realizes his own body is his own worst enemy.

Bonus!
Nathan Love is an animation studio that has done 3D and CGI work for numerous commercial and media clients. I would like to highlight their project for Publix, a grocery chain most known in Florida and other parts of the southeast USA. They created a set of four commercials featuring Publix's mascot, a dinosaur (who knew?) named Plato.
"Sprinkler"
"Roller Coaster"
"Skatepark"
"Soccer"
They have also animated animals for Baskin Robbins, and have higher profile clients such as Kellog's Fruit Loops.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
And Now, a History Lesson (or, 15th Century Sprotchiness)

Many are familiar with Aesop's fables using animals as stand-ins for various nobility of the time period. But Aesop wasn't the only one. Laurentius Abstemius was a fifteenth-century Italian scholar. Although he was the author of various scholarly works, he was best known for his Hecatomythium Secundum, a collection of "original" fables inspired by the classical tradition of Aesop's fables.

The one I found of interest roughly goes like this:
"A lion was captured by a net in the woods and when he saw that he was so entrapped that he could not trust even all his strength to get him out of there, he begged a mouse to set him free by gnawing on the net, promising that he would not in the future forget such a great favor. When the mouse readily did this, he then asked the lion to give him his daughter as a wife. The lion did not refuse to do this favor for his benefactor. When, however, the new bride came to her husband, she did not happen to see where he was, and so stepped on him and ground him to a pulp. This fable shows that marriage and other alliances are not to be approved which are contracted between unequal parties."

Source (Including Original Latin)
A Retelling from 1840, with Illustration
"Fatal Marraige" Alternate Illustration
"Fatal Marraige" Retelling with Illustration and Expanded Interpretation
"The Married Mouse" Limerick + Illustration

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Kemui52 is in the usergroup ‘Old timer’

Sprotchymon said

"… This fable shows that marriage and other alliances are not to be approved which are contracted between unequal parties."
Hrrmmmm… l think l got it… So, this is warning me against wishing to be kidnapped by a dragon? 'Cause l think only experience can teach me that lesson.

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Dinosorceror is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
Thanks for being the LD5 archivist!  :)  And yes, I do still have the ancient forms in a VM, I just need to work on renaming them so I can put them online at the same time as the current forum.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
BlueOrange is in the usergroup ‘Local’
Here's an ad with a giant dragon in it which has stuck with me for two years:

So much to love here. His twelve-meter height, the fact that he's blocking an intersection just to do his dance, the camera shaking with literally every step including off-screen, the car alarms and rattling silverware in the background, the road chipping as he taps his claw, and so on. He's doing the flamenco, though he's really emphasizing the sensual hip motion aspect…

I find it hard not to rewatch this ad and focus on different details every time. Like in the restaurant interior shot, where you can hear the bassy boom, boom, boom of his steps outside, which is synced up to the silverware noises.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.