Still Active!

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5
#313 (In Topic #79)
Site director
Yakitate is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
I must inject new life into the forums!  Dino says this place is dead, but does anyone here want to help me prove him wrong?
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5
Standard member
Kemui52 is in the usergroup ‘Old timer’
l could go for it, but it would ruin my funny-haha point total. Wait, l already rated your post… Well, at least Dinosauceror's point total will still be there…until he comes by in a couple months to say, "Nope, place is still dead. :P" and maybe make a joke about slippers.

Hmmm… Okay, maybe we can change the future! Who are you in the context of LD5? l'm someone who wanted to be part of the hangout, but was late to the party.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Brynn is in the usergroup ‘Regular’
We have a multi-user chat kingdom?

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Well, I came on board to the group way back in 2010 with the old forums.  Ended up joining the MUCK and had a lot of fun posting and interacting with the people.  Muck has kind of died down over time and is really moreso an artifact from its heyday, but that doesn't stop me from pestering Dino about promoting it (which I won a bet with him and now he is contractually obligated to promote it).

Honestly, I was still super new to the whole furry fandom when I was introduced to the LD5 community.  It's always been a pretty chill and small group.  And I do well with small groups so it kind of just felt like home after a while.

Though… I did kind of quit using the forums after a while and then Dino went and remodeled them and I just hadn't gone out of my way to make a new account until… well, now.  Still get on the MUCK every week or so.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Ahh, cool learns. The MUCK is something l read about, but feared it was too complicated and involved, and l have no confidence in the RP skills it sounds like it requires. l was even too shy to join the Telegram until l worked up the nerve a couple months ago…but found out the invitation link expired.

Actually, l have to wonder… How, and possibly when, did you even sign up here? l got DM'd on FurAffinity awhile ago about how new members can't join here, and my e-mail hasn't gotten a reply from Dinosauceror yet (assuming l sent to his current e-mail). There's at least one person who wants to sign up here but can't, so l feel obliged to interrogate you on your new membership.

But still, it's neat to see people show up again. Here's hoping we can make it last for at least a little while!

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Blue Raptor is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
We have a forum!  :P
Even most of the smilies made it over.

And Dino is just lazy and occupied with 21st century stuff. We will poke him for you.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

Kemui52 said

Ahh, cool learns. The MUCK is something l read about, but feared it was too complicated and involved, and l have no confidence in the RP skills it sounds like it requires. l was even too shy to join the Telegram until l worked up the nerve a couple months ago…but found out the invitation link expired.

Actually, l have to wonder… How, and possibly when, did you even sign up here? l got DM'd on FurAffinity awhile ago about how new members can't join here, and my e-mail hasn't gotten a reply from Dinosauceror yet (assuming l sent to his current e-mail). There's at least one person who wants to sign up here but can't, so l feel obliged to interrogate you on your new membership.

But still, it's neat to see people show up again. Here's hoping we can make it last for at least a little while!

Well…. to be honest, there was some talk in the TG group about nostalgia so I brought up the forums and decided to take a look at the site since I hadn't actually tried using it in a meaningful way since it was revamped from Old Skool ™.  

I then documented my foray into making an account and then told Dino that everything was now in his court for my account to get verified.  He then proceeded to take a look and realized he had quite the backlog so he cleared that up.  So…. I guess this would be one of those times where Dino really dropped the kruft so to speak.  So I guess poke that person back and tell them they should have an approval response now.

I honestly have no clue what Dino's email is.  But he's pretty sociable in the Telegram chat.  But hey, if you still wanted to join the Official™ LD5 Telegram group, here's a link: Telegram: Join Group Chat

As far as MUCKing goes, you don't really have to be 'good' at roleplay.  A lot of the interaction in the MUCK is pretty much just casual conversations.  They just have a little added flair of allowing you to add a little spizzaz to the actions you perform.  It can feel a little intimidating at first, but once you've gotten used to the typical commands, it starts to feel a little more like second-nature to interact on there. I personally find it more fun because the interactions you get depend on who is logged in at that particular time.  Unlike the Telegram group which ensures every single person in the group will receive each post.  So the MUCK allows for a little more intimate contact by being able to socialize with smaller groups of people if you so choose.

I'd be more than happy to help you get started should you want to dip your toes into that whole side of things.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Sergei is in the usergroup ‘Regular’
Woah there's more people here! :o

Posted
Rating:
Standard member

Yakitate said

I then documented my foray into making an account and then told Dino that everything was now in his court for my account to get verified.  He then proceeded to take a look and realized he had quite the backlog so he cleared that up.  So…. I guess this would be one of those times where Dino really dropped the kruft so to speak.  So I guess poke that person back and tell them they should have an approval response now.
Ahh, l see. I had already sent the person a message earlier, and based on what that blue raptor up there said, l'll keep an eye on my communications for a bit longer.

Yakitate said

I'd be more than happy to help you get started should you want to dip your toes into that whole side of things.
I might take you up on the offer later, but for now l'm still a shy bird. l'll dip my little toes into the Telegram group and forum revival first.

And, welcome back, more people! I hope the cobwebs don't scare any of you away!

(please pretend l posted this yesterday)

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Dinosorceror is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
Hey, you guys, get off my lawn!

:slipper:  :slipper:

:waterboat:

Posted
Rating:
Standard member

Dinosorceror said

You fool! You don't have 1,337 points anymore!

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Donamer is in the usergroup ‘Regular’
I can try.  :$

Posted
Rating:
Site director

Kemui52 said

Dinosorceror said

You fool! You don't have 1,337 points anymore!

This place is like Whose Line.  We give out points, but they don't matter in the end. : )

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Dino gives out slippers.  :slipper:

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Some others kindly give out stomps.  :claw:

Posted
Rating:
Standard member

Yakitate said

This place is like Whose Line.  We give out points, but they don't matter in the end. : )
Perhaps so…but l'm still gonna donate points at random so l can use the messages to obscurely reference Hand of Fate.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.